Welcome to the
St. Vincent dePaul Society
of St. Margaret Mary Church
Notice of Resumed Operation
In the interest of health and safety of our clients, donors, and our volunteers, we are implementing the following procedures effective immediately:
Please understand, these procedures are based on consideration for the safety and health of all whom we serve and of course our volunteers who help our brothers and sisters in need. We will continue to accept requests for assistance and offers of items for donations and we will prioritize them based on greatest need as we resume operations.
- To minimize risk to our donors and drivers, we will only pick up donated items if they can be placed in a garage or in a room just inside an exterior door
(we cannot venture through a house to gather donated items) if it isn't possible for donors to comply, their donation will be deferred until later.
- To minimize risk to our clients and drivers, we will deliver to a covered porch if one is available or just outside the entrance door to their building (we cannot venture through an apartment or house to place or set up items). Clients are responsible for bringing the items into their homes - if it isn't possible for clients obtain help bringing items into their homes or apartments, their delivery will be deferred until they can arrange assistance.
- Our schedulers will verify with clients that they can arrange for someone to assist us by carrying small/light items from the truck to their homes in order to limit everyone's exposure.
- Our schedulers will also inform clients and donors that they too must wear masks while we pick up donations or make deliveries. If it isn't possible for clients or donors to wear masks while we are present, their pickup or delivery will be deferred until later.
- Our schedulers will ask the following health and screening questions for clients and donors:
- Has anyone in their household been sick in the last 2 weeks?
Examples: Coughing, sneezing, fever, breathing issues, headache, sore throat, lack of sense of smell or taste.
- Has anyone in their household had contact with anyone who had any of the above symptoms in the last 2 weeks?
- Has anyone in their household traveled outside of Connecticut in past 2 weeks?
- Any client or donor who answers yes to the above questions will be deferred until a later time.
- Face masks and gloves are provided in the truck for drivers to wear at all time.
- Sanitizing wipes are also provided in the truck to wipe down frequently touched surfaces at the end of each run.
The St. Vincent DePaul Society is a non-profit volunteer organization providing assistance to
families and individuals in need, regardless of religious affiliation.
The St. Vincent DePaul Society conference from St. Margaret Mary Church in South Windsor, CT
provides most of its support to families and individuals in need in Manchester, Vernon, Tolland,
Ellington, East Hartford and South Windsor and to shelters and schools in Hartford.
We provide used furniture, clothing, food and funds for rental and fuel assistance to anyone in need.
The primary method to contact the St. Vincent dePaul Society for assistance is by entering your
requests via our
Online Help Center Request Form.
Additionally, to contact the St. Vincent dePaul Society to donate good, used items for those in need,
please use our
Online Help Center Donation Form.
All persons wishing to volunteer to help in any capacity with the misson of the society,
are asked to call our hotline number at 860-648-0216
All information provide to the Society in its mission of helping is held in
the strictest of confidence.